A duo of Sunderland legends will take to the hot seat with Sky Sports’ Tom White to have a bit of a catch-up during lockdown, in aid of the Foundation of Light.
Kevin Phillips and Peter Reid need no introduction and as long-term supporters of the football club’s official charity, they were only too happy for the chance to take a trip down memory lane in an effort to help raise funds during these difficult times.
You can tune into Legends in Lockdown live on the Foundation of Light’s YouTube channel this Sunday night from 7pm.
To make sure you don’t miss it, subscribe to the Foundation's YouTube channel - and you’ll receive a reminder just as it’s about to start.
If you would like to donate to the Foundation to help them continue their good work, you can do via JustGiving
CLUB CHARITY NEEDS YOU – Donate Now >>>
The north east has one of the highest deprivation rates in the country, with a number of communities living in the top 10% most-deprived areas in the UK.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation of Light are a vital lifeline for people more than ever before.
Throughout lockdown Foundation staff continued to look for alternative ways to make an impact and support people.
- Tutors developed 15 brand-new free online ‘Isolation to Education’ courses for those who were on furlough or unemployed to learn new skills.
- Over 8,500 engaged with weekly challenges set via YouTube to encourage people to stay active while staying safe at home.
- Staff volunteered at Sunderland Foodbank; working over 240 hours to help deliver food packages across the city.
- 50 kids took part in our first-ever virtual holiday courses hosted on Zoom
- Elderly members of our community were supported through regular calls and of WhatsApp messages as part of the Extra Time Hub. SAFC director David Jones also reached out to members, personally calling 45 fans.
- Our FIT BLACK CATS programme, in partnership with the EFL Trust, continued to run via a Facebook group and saw each member lose an average of 5kg each.
Lend your support by donating online https://www.justgiving.com/safc