Sunderland AFC looks forward to welcoming students of the University of Sunderland to the Stadium of Light for this winter’s Academic Award Ceremonies.
At Sunderland AFC we are proud of the excellent reputation we have built up over the years for our Hospitality and Events facilities.
The Stadium of Light has one of the North East's largest Hospitality and Events facilities and it provides the perfect venue for a wide range of events.
With a city centre location and on-site parking, the stadium is an ideal venue; conveniently placed for all major road and rail links.
All hospitality suites are purpose-built for comfort and convenience, most of which have outstanding views either across the River Wear or overlooking the pitch, suitable for events with 2 guests up to 1,000 guests.
Our highly experienced staff will also be on hand to ensure that your day runs smoothly.
This year we are able to offer a wide range of features including:
- Reception areas with pre-ceremony refreshments (included in ticket price)
- VIP Executive Box upgrade packages with bar stock (extra charge)
- Champagne and strawberries area
- Cloakroom facilities
- Areas to purchase University merchandise
- Crèche facilities - University of Sunderland Childcare Team
- Post ceremony refreshments and buffet (included in ticket price, conferees go free)
- Unique photo opportunities
- All hospitality bars will be open pre and post ceremony (bars will close during ceremonies and will re-open 5 minutes before the end of each ceremony)
- Free car parking (1,100 spaces)
For further information, contact our sales team on 0371 911 1555.
Alternatively, contact the Graduations Team at the University:
2019 WINTER CEREMONIES
THURSDAY 28TH NOVEMBER 2019 10.30AM
FACULTY OF ARTS AND CREATIVE INDUSTRIES AND FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
THURSDAY 28TH NOVEMBER 2019 3.00PM
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND WELL-BEING - SCHOOL OF NURSING AND SCHOOL OF PHARMACY AND PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES AND FACULTY OF BUSINESS, LAW AND TOURISM – SUNDERLAND LAW SCHOOL
FRIDAY 29TH NOVEMBER 2019 10.30AM
FACULTY OF BUSINESS, LAW AND TOURISM – SUNDERLAND BUSINESS SCHOOL
FRIDAY 29TH NOVEMBER 2019 3.00PM
FACULTY OF EDUCATION AND SOCIETY AND FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND WELL-BEING - SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY
10.30am Guests to arrive from 8.30am and graduates to register no later than 9.15am
3pm Guests and graduates to arrive from 1.15pm to register no later than 2.15pm (if you have booked an Executive Box, arrive by 12 noon)
Bolognese Pasta Bake with Cheesy Crumble Topping
Quorn Pasta Bake with Cheesy Crumble Topping (V)
Assorted Cake Selection (Bakewell, Citron, Brownie, Cookie Cheesecake, Caramel Shortcakes)
Bars open pre and post-ceremony
VIP EXECUTIVE BOX UPGRADE
Make your graduation celebration extra special by upgrading to one of our fantastic Executive Boxes.
Each executive box has its own private balcony overlooking the Stadium bowl
- Executive box which can accommodate up to 10 guests only (including graduate)
- Tea/coffee and mini patisseries
- Superior buffet menu (see below) with tea and coffee
- Fizz and strawberries for each guest
- Mini bar stocks available on request (several packages available, visit www.safc.com , additional charges apply and must be paid for in advance)
- Private cloak facilities
- Hostess service
- Personalised door name for graduate
Boxes Buffet (included):
Festive cream of vegetable soup, served with crusty bread rolls
Yuletide carved turkey crown, served with all the festive trimming
Red lentil and sweet potato curry, coriander, green beans, spinach, sticky rice (V)
Baked vanilla pod cheesecake, cranberry and cinnamon compote, dark chocolate crumb
Coffee and sweet Mince Pies
Special dietary requirements can also be catered for. Please highlight these when booking with the University of Sunderland
To book your VIP experience, please contact the Graduations Team and the University of Sunderland: