Sunderland AFC looks forward to welcoming students of the University of Sunderland to the Stadium of Light for this summer’s Academic Award Ceremonies 2018.
At Sunderland AFC we are proud of the excellent reputation we have built up over the years for our Hospitality and Events facilities.
The Stadium of Light has one of the North East's largest Hospitality and Events facilities and it provides the perfect venue for a wide range of events.
With a city centre location and on-site parking, the stadium is an ideal venue; conveniently placed for all major road and rail links.
All hospitality suites are purpose-built for comfort and convenience, most of which have outstanding views either across the River Wear or overlooking the pitch, suitable for events with 2 guests up to 1,000 guests.
Our highly experienced staff will also be on hand to ensure that your day runs smoothly.
This year we are able to offer a wide range of features including:
- Reception areas with pre-ceremony refreshments (included in ticket price)
- Light breakfast and or lunch options (to purchase)
- VIP Executive Box upgrade packages with bar stock (extra charge)
- Champagne areas
- Photography / DVD purchases
- Cloakroom facilities
- Post ceremony refreshments and buffet (included in ticket price, conferees go free)
- Unique photo opportunities where guests will be escorted to pitch side and the dressing room areas in groups
- Re-live the graduation experience as ceremonies are played back on the stadium’s screens
- All hospitality bars will be open pre and post ceremony (bars will close during ceremonies and will re-open 5 minutes before the end of each ceremony)
- Free car parking (1,100 spaces)
- Opportunity to book your pre or post-graduation celebration
This year’s summer graduation ceremonies will take place within the Stadium of Light’s main internal seating bowl, over looking the fantastic Stadium.
Graduates and guests will receive their own ticket before being directed to their seat, which will be located in the West stand.
SAFC will have video and camera crews on site, which will cover the whole ceremony before replaying the proceedings back onto the stadium’s many screen.
The replay will take place while guests enjoy an appetising buffet and refreshments within the hospitality areas
DATES & TIMES
The next graduation ceremonies will be held from Wednesday 4 July 2018. Invitations will be sent out via email. If you do not receive an invitation and you know you are eligible to graduate, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the ceremony list.
For further information, contact the Graduations Team at the University:
Telephone: 0191 5152093 / 0191 5152091