Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist (Women’s Football)
1 Evening per week and a Sunday morning/afternoon
Sunderland AFC is looking to recruit a Physiotherapist (Women’s Football) to provide physiotherapy services to the Women’s First Team and Under 23 playing squads.
Reporting to the General Manager of Women’s Football, you will work in conjunction with the performance and medical team and contribute to the continuation of the development and implementation of Sunderland AFC Women Long-Term Plan.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Attend training sessions and Competition Matches played by the Club throughout the Season and Pre-Season, as well as providing or arranging equivalent services to Players during the off season to ensure continuity of treatment.
- Be responsible for the delivery of high-level injury prevention, injury rehabilitation and pitch side first aid /emergency care including the systems and infrastructure required to ensure that these processes are supported, documented, and reviewed appropriately, in collaboration with the rest of the Club medical staff.
- Assist the Team Doctor with Anti-Doping Protocols and Education
- Liaise with external bodies to arrange scans and screenings for players as required.
- Work in collaboration to constantly assess/evaluate/adapt the operation of the performance and medical domain, to ensure it consistently meets its stated objectives, as well as positively contributing to the achievement of the objectives of the performance and medical domain, the women’s team, and the wider organisation.
- Activities will include but will not be limited to, pre match and pre training strapping and taping, supporting with the rehabilitation of injured players, monitoring player wellness, disseminating key information to players and staff and providing updates to the coaching team on player availability.
- Actively engage with continuing professional development and work with the head of performance and medical to maintain an up-to-date personal development plan
For a Physiotherapist:
- Be a registered member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Have appropriate medical indemnity to treat/advise FA WSL and FA WC players.
- Have an up to date or be willing to work towards full Advanced Emergency Aid qualification; this should be the Level 5 ATMIFF.
- Attend a yearly ATMMiF-R reaccreditation.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered for this position please complete the application form and e-mail along with your current CV and covering letter, to email@example.com detailing any relevant experience and qualifications. Alternatively, your application may be posted to General Manager of Women’s Football, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU. The closing date for all applications is 9 December 2022.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Academy of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
Please note we will not be accepting applications from Sports Therapists.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.