Women’s Football Engagement Officer
40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday
Sunderland AFC is looking to recruit a Women’s Football Engagement Officer to enhance the profile of SAFC Women via intuitive and innovative supporter engagement, utilising traditional marketing and communications platforms and digital media to support the long-term development of women’s football within the North East and ensure SAFCW remain at the forefront of that growth.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Produce digital content for SAFC Women’s multimedia platforms, including website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and the match programme.
- Attend fixtures home and away, providing first-class match coverage across all digital channels.
- Work with the Media & Communications department to facilitate and identify external media activity.
- Ensuring the official website is kept up-to-date with relevant content.
- Creating marketing plans which specifically target new and existing supporters within the local community to grow attendances at home fixtures.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing department to deliver engagement events and activities within the community, including player appearances.
- Liaise with local Governing bodies to engage with local clubs and increase awareness within the local community.
- Implementing FA national marketing campaigns at a local level to increase awareness and attendance at Home Matches as well as supporting FA campaigns for the national teams.
- Support The FA national marketing team to deliver joint objectives and attend bi-monthly marketing meetings (held at different venues across the country) arranged by The FA or its nominee.
- Responsible for creating and implementing exciting and engaging match-day experiences for fans.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, e.g., English, Journalism, Marketing, Media
- Previous experience in a content or media and communications role.
- Ability to translate brand plans into actionable content plans and experience in delivering a consistent tone of voice for a brand.
- A clear understanding of the social media landscape, including emerging trends and future opportunities.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of planning and scheduling digital content on multiple channels.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience web-based CMS and Adobe Photoshop and Premier.
- A proven track record of working under pressure without compromising quality.
- Ability to work flexibly and at times unsociable hours.
- A full, valid UK driving license.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered for this position please complete the application form and e-mail along with your current CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations to Alex.email@example.com detailing any relevant experience and qualifications. Alternatively, your application may be posted to General Manager of Women’s Football, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU. The closing date for all applications is Friday 30 September 2022.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Academy of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.