Supporter Engagement Co-ordinator - Full time
Sunderland AFC is looking to add to their Supporter Engagement Team due to the fast expansion of our branch network, the introduction of our UK and International membership and ever growing fanbase.
The succesful candidate will be required to work 35 hours per week, based on working 5 days out of 7. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to work all home matches and special events as required, including weekends and evenings.
Reporting to the Head of Supporter Engagement, the successful candidate’s key responsibilities will include:
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of relevant matters affecting the relationship between the Club and its supporters (e.g. health & safety regulations; ticketing; social media; PR/Marketing; travel arrangements etc.)
• Attendance, availability and point of contact at home matches
• Effectively monitor, collate and manage positive and negative feedback from supporters, liaising with relevant SAFC departments, and other stakeholders as necessary
• Pro-actively work to continually improve relationships with key stakeholders
• Pro-actively seek out relevant good practice at other clubs, and progress necessary improvements at SAFC
• Identify and progress opportunities to engage with all relevant stakeholders to promote dialogue and to improve mutual understanding
• Organisation of meetings with supporters, and dissemination of relevant information
• Assist in the development and delivery of fan engagement and match day activities
• Work closely with the Club in preparation for all matches, home and away, to ensure relevant matters are shared appropriately
• Maintain relevant administrative & contact information, and share with relevant stakeholders, where appropriate
• To take all reasonable care and attention in relation to health and safety matters
• Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Head of Department
Full training will be provided however the ideal candidate will have:
• A good knowledge of Sunderland AFC and sound understanding of its fanbase
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Highly motivated and able to work individually, and effectively as part of a team
• Proven experience of consistently dealing positively and diplomatically with different groups and individuals
• Flexible and reliable, with the ability to fulfil the role with limited supervision
• Capacity to travel when necessary
• Computer/IT literate (Competent on MS Word/Excel, and on social media)
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered, please send your CV and covering letter to Recruitment, Human Resourses, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU or email firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 30 August 2019.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & ADULTS AT RISK
Sunderland AFC is fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC makes provisions for children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups through adherence to the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures adopted by the Club.