Sunderland AFC is looking to recruit a Safeguarding Officer to work within the club helping to deliver its safeguarding and inclusion strategy and priorities.
This position will report to the Head of Safeguarding and will primarily responsible for the Academy and Women’s team safeguarding provision, with a clear sense of direction and purpose that assists the club to deliver its strategy, policies and league commitments. The aim is to promote and protect the welfare of all vulnerable groups and actively champion safeguarding and inclusion at all levels across the Club.
The successful applicant will have first class communication and customer service skills, be able to demonstrate that they can multi-task, are computer literate and are at all times professional and discreet. Responsibilities for the role include:
- To work with the Head of Safeguarding to implement and promote the Club’s safeguarding policies and procedures within their department.
- Working with others within the organisation to create a positive, child-centred environment
- Maintain accurate, confidential and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and child protection and report where required in line with GDPR regulations
- Manage referrals to children’s social-care services, LADO, the police, the EFL and FA as and when required
- Represent the organisation at external meetings related to safeguarding as and when required
- Ensure safeguarding standards are met and maintained
- Keep own knowledge and skills up-to-date
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the safeguarding policy and procedures
- Contribute to maintaining and improving the Club's safeguarding provision.
- Advise others working with vulnerable groups on the implementation of organisational policies and procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of vulnerable groups
- Ensure staff understand their individual responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of vulnerable groups.
- Act as a source of safeguarding support, advice and expertise within their department.
- Support colleagues to respond appropriately to concerns about the welfare or safety of vulnerable groups.
- To give direction and guidance to staff in respect of safeguarding incidents, concerns and allegations to assist the Head of Safeguarding with managing these.
- Assist the Head of Safeguarding to maintain accurate and confidential information.
- Pro-actively promote and raise safeguarding awareness.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week), with working hours being flexible around business demands and may include evening and weekend work as required, this may include home matches and major events. You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain u-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club.
To apply please complete the application form and email along with your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications is close of business Friday 9 June 2023.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Stadium of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited is
subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & ADULTS AT RISK
Sunderland AFC is fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC makes provisions for children, young people, adults at risk and all vulnerable groups through adherence to the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures adopted by the Club.