Head of Analysis and Data Insights
Full Time (40 Hours)
Sunderland AFC is recruiting for a Head of Analysis and Data Insights who will take leadership of both analysis and data processes and insights across the club’ football domains. The postholder should be a dynamic leader with expertise in performance analysis at a senior level who is capable of moving the club forward with their experience of utilizing data to aid decision making. The Head of Analysis and Data Insights will form part of the Football Management Team at the Academy of Light and will be responsible for a team working across men’s and women’s first teams as well as the club’s Academy Programme.
- Continually work towards the Club’s corporate strategic goals.
- Communicate, promote and protect the Club values to enhance an elite high-performance environment.
- Attend all professional development events and actively engage in a personal development plan and integrated appraisal process.
- Ensure compliance with all the policies and procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying regard to the Equal Opportunity, Dignity at Work and Health & Safety and security policies.
- To provide leadership and guidance to the domain and wider multi-disciplinary team as a member of the Football Management Team.
- Undertake line management responsibility for staff within the domain.
- Collaborate with the Sporting Director to create a football analysis, data and technology roadmap.
- Design, review and development of the Performance Analysis and Data strategy.
- Creation of a domain specific operational manual and components for the Clubs Performance Plan.
- Observation of teams and individuals across the player development pathway
- Lead the development, maintenance and improvement of operational processes aligned to the strategy.
- Innovate to discover new ways of using analysis and data to support decision making.
- Observation of teams and individuals across the player development pathway.
- Lead on the procurement of all technology supporting football operations.
- Liaison with Heads of Domain and staff to ensure smooth running of activities.
- Ensure familiarity with all technology and data developments relevant to football operations
- Ensure the team is constantly evolving capabilities to deliver the requirements.
- Recruitment of staff as required in liaison with the HR team.
- Responsible for domain budget and expenditure
- Be the Club’s point of contact for third party organisations providing goods or services
- Develop world leading pre and post-match analytical services relevant to each team and aligned to our coaching programme.
- Development of post-game and mesocycle insights.
- Capture of data and creation of data management infrastructure.
- Aggregate data from across the football domains to create innovative solutions.
- Design and lead creation of a bespoke in-house SAFC models to measure playing identity.
- Design, develop and implement all data / technological services in support of the football operations.
- Track, evaluate and inform key decision makers on player development and/or performance.
- Support Player Recruitment through the use of bespoke and off the shelf packages to enhance efficiency and performance.
- Undertake a leadership position with the IDP process.
- Oversee the tracking of individuals and teams in line with the Club’s playing philosophy.
- Act as the point of contact for Loan players for domain specific content
How to Apply
The position is 40 hours full time per week, with working hours including evenings. You will be expected to undertake any specific training or Continued Professional Development to maintain your up-to-date knowledge and qualifications, and/or as organised by the club.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and wish to be considered for this position, please apply through iRecruit here.
Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS
· Sunderland AFC recognises that the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance within the organisation.
· Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities as organised by the football club.
· Sunderland AFC will ensure that safety and protection is given to all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities through adherence to the Safeguarding guidelines adopted by the Club.