Events Development Executive
Full-time (40 hours)
Sunderland AFC is looking to appoint an Events Development Executive within their newly structured Commercial Sales team based at Black Cat House. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the primary focus will be on the development and achievement of new business across all categories of Events and Celebrations.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
· Primary focus is to maintain and sell to a database of events clients and development accounts
· Generate new sales leads and opportunities
· Keep in regular your clients throughout the sales process
· Regular client appointments and meetings to develop a strong relationship with each client
· Present the Clubs Portfolio of products whilst preparing creative proposals for clients
· Identify and develop new ideas to contribute to team performance
· Work to gain a comprehensive understanding of your clients/audience/products
· Conduct relevant market research and analysis to identify key trends
· Prepare creative proposals for your clients
· Manage full sales process and take payment for event bookings
· Share event sales knowledge and expertise to support Commercial strategy
· Build internal relationships across all departments
· To assist in the management of major accounts as required
· Support Commercial Sales Manager with continuous business development and action of sales initiatives
· Ensuring the highest standard of customer satisfaction through regular ongoing contact with your clients
· Manage and ensure customer records and accounts are up to date
· Record and manage customer bookings in line with Club expectation
· Follow standard operating procedures as set by the Club
· Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets and KPI’s
· Always understand and comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
· Work events as and when needed
· Attend networking events to build relationships with potential clients and knowledge of how other events venues operate
· Any other reasonable duties.
The position is full time (40 hours per week), the availability to work flexible is essential to suit business needs. Additionally, you are required to work all home fixtures and special events unless previously agreed with your manager.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary, to Recruitment, Human Resources, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU. The closing date for all applications is close of business Friday 2nd June 2023.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted for an interview which will take place at the Stadium of Light on a date to be confirmed. Please note the position for which you are recruited is subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check. All applicants must be able to verify that they are eligible for work in the UK.
· Sunderland AFC is an equal opportunity employer.
· We are committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally.
· Our aim is that all colleagues should be able to work in an environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS
Sunderland AFC recognises that the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance within the organisation. Sunderland AFC owes a duty of care to safeguard all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities as organised by the football club. Sunderland AFC will ensure that safety and protection is given to all children and vulnerable adults involved in activities through adherence to the Safeguarding guidelines adopted by the Club.