Full time opportunity at the Stadium of Light.
Sunderland AFC is looking to appoint an Event Sales Executive within the highly successful and prestigious commercial department.
Reporting to the Venue & Events Sales Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of the experienced commercial sales team, with key responsibilities to include:
- Manage and meet all select clients with Commercial Director
- Manage all major events co-ordination at the Stadium of Light and offsite
- Co-ordinate own key account events, both existing and new, on or off site
- Developing 1879 Event Management business to drive the awareness campaign and activation of sales strategy to existing and new markets
- To assist in the implementation of the Sales & Marketing Strategy as advised by the Commercial Director
- To assist the Commercial Director in the management of major accounts on and off site
- Supporting the Venue & Events Sales Manager with continuous new business development and action sales initiatives
- Supporting the Venue & Events Sales Manager with entertaining clients as necessary
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is completed with the customer and the correct process is followed at all times
- Conducting site visits on and off site as applicable to the client event requirement
- Ensuring all menus and relevant customer facing documentation are completed as required and sent to the General Manager for approval as needed
- Maintaining and develop the content of the conference and banqueting/commercial information on www.safc.com and 1879.com
- To train and be fully competent on the required equipment/systems within the role
- Liaising with other departments on key issues as necessary
- Working event days, special events and match days, as required to sell SAFC product, 1879 Management product, and host new and prospective clients as necessary
- Supporting all key business drives including 1879 events, major events, concerts and matchdays
You will be highly professional, outgoing, target orientated and a team player with strong inter- personal skills, additionally you will have the ability to multi-task whilst working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
This role will involve working events and matchdays as required.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, including current salary, to Recruitment, Human Resources, Sunderland AFC, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU or firstname.lastname@example.org