Back on Track programme restructured

Published:
by Ashley Houghton

Popular course extended.

The Foundation of Light has recently restructured their ‘Back on Track’ programme designed to help 16-19 year olds across Wearside gain qualifications and work experience.

‘Back on Track Study Programme’ will be delivered over thirty plus weeks and is suitable for people who are unemployed, part time employed or not in education or training.  The course will improve chances of finding employment or progressing into further education, by developing work and life skills.

Learners will work towards a FA Level 1 Coaching certificate, BTEC Level 2 in Personal Social Development, be involved in a week long residential, gain valuable work experience, with the option to improve English and Maths up to Level 2.

Allen Hall, Foundation of Light’s Back on Track Coordinator, said: “We were delighted with the success of the previous Level 1 programme.  We wanted to be able to offer more to participants but expand the range of opportunities for the learners.”

The course is an extension to the successful ‘Back on Track Level1’ which commenced in 2012, worked with almost 50 people with 60% going into further education or gaining employment.  The remaining 40% are currently receiving support and guidance from the ‘Back on Track’ team regarding future career opportunities.

For more information on the Back on Track Study Programme contact Allen Hall on 0191 551 5185 or email allen.hall@safc.com