Samson and Delilah catch up with Marcos Alonso.
1. How long have you been playing football?
I have been playing football since I was little.
2. What made you want to be a footballer?
My Dad and Grandad have both played football internationally so it has always been in my blood.
3. Who was the first team you played football for?
I started playing for Real Madrid when I was younger, the same team my father played for.
4. What is your proudest football moment?
Most recently I was awarded Trotters’ Player of the Year in 2013. Plus scoring a penalty in the second leg of the Capital One Cup semi-final against Manchester United in front of 9000 Sunderland fans was amazing.
5. Apart from Sunderland AFC, which other teams have you played for?
I am currently on loan from Fiorentina and have also played for Bolton Wanderers.
6. What position do you play in?
I play in defence, usually at left back.
7. Do you have any pre match rituals?
I just concentrate and prepare myself to be at my best.
8. What do you normally eat before a match?
I always eat healthy food such as chicken and pasta.
9. Have you made any New Year’s resolutions?
Just to try my best playing for the team.
10. Are you looking forward to going to Wembley?
Yes it’s an honour to be part of the team at this exciting time.