Sunderland AFC looks forward to welcoming students of the University of Sunderland to the Stadium of Light for this Winter’s Academic Award Ceremonies 2016.
At Sunderland AFC we are proud of the excellent reputation we have built up over the years for our Hospitality and Events facilities.
The Stadium of Light has one of the North East's largest Hospitality and Events facilities and it provides the perfect venue for a wide range of events.
With a city centre location and on-site parking, the stadium is an ideal venue; conveniently placed for all major road and rail links.
All hospitality suites are purpose-built for comfort and convenience, most of which have outstanding views either across the River Wear or overlooking the pitch, suitable for events with 2 guests up to 1,000 guests.
Our highly experienced staff will also be on hand to ensure that your day runs smoothly.
This year we are able to offer a wide range of features including:
- Reception areas with pre-ceremony refreshments (included in ticket price)
- Light breakfast and or lunch options (to purchase)
- VIP Executive Box upgrade packages with bar stock (extra charge)
- Champagne and strawberries area
- Photography / DVD purchases
- Cloakroom facilities
- Areas to purchase University merchandise
- Stadium tours
- Crèche facilities - University of Sunderland Childcare Team
- Post ceremony refreshments and buffet (included in ticket price, conferees go free)
- Unique photo opportunities where guests will be escorted to pitch side and the dressing room areas in groups
- All hospitality bars will be open pre and post ceremony (bars will close during ceremonies and will re-open 5 minutes before the end of each ceremony)
- Free car parking (1,100 spaces)
- Opportunity to book your pre or post graduation celebrations
This year’s winter graduation ceremonies will take place within the Stadium of Light’s Montgomery Suite, overlooking the River Wear.
Graduates and guests will receive their own ticket before being directed to their seat, located on the first floor within the Montgomery Suite.
SAFC will have video and camera crews on site, which will cover the whole ceremony before replaying the proceedings back onto the stadium’s many screens.
The replay will take place while guests enjoy an appetising buffet and refreshments within the hospitality areas. There will be the opportunity to purchase a DVD of the day, which will be posted to you around 6 weeks after the ceremony.
Hilton Garden Inn Sunderland are running a special offer for SoL graduations. You can enjoy bed & breakfast for up to 2 people for only £89 (current B&B rate is £109).
Also quote GRAD1216 to be able to obtain:
- A complimentary glass of fizz with strawberries
- Student discount will be increased in the Karbon Grill to 20%
NATIONAL GLASS CENTRE
Enjoy 10% off your food bill at The Glass Yard by presenting the flyer which will be sent out with your tickets. Limited availability.
KEY CONTACT INFORMATION
For further information please contact the SAFC’s venue sales team on 0371 911 1555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org